George Michael was one of the best-known British pop artists of his generation. The singer was responsible for some of the famous songs, like Careless Whisper and Last Christmas. Michael has sold over 80 million records worldwide, making him one of the most successful musicians of all time. The musician not only made a name for himself with his songs, but he was also an ardent activist for LGBT rights and a charitable HIV / AIDS fundraiser.
In terms of awards, Michael’s outstanding work has earned him several of them. Michael has received two Grammy Awards, three Brit Awards, three American Songs Awards, four MTV Video Music Awards and six Ivor Novello Awards for his work. On the occasion of the singer’s birthday on June 25, a look back at some of his greatest hits:
1. Last Christmas:This sad and foreign melody will make you cry every time you hear it. The song never gets old and you’ll find yourself adding it to your Christmas playlist every year. Being one of the British artist’s most famous songs, Last Christmas is a song anyone can enjoy.
2. Reckless whisper:This song has a strong 80s flavor. The lovely saxophone riff at the opening, along with the chorus, combine to make a great pop tune. There is no better song that can make you dance to its timeless tunes like this.
3. Faith:George had huge success with this track all over the world. For four weeks, the song topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The song has a vintage rock and roll tune, making it one of the artist’s most enjoyable hits.
4. Freedom:Freedom is a beautiful song that has received a lot of attention for its excellent lyrics, which are practically biographical on Michael’s life. At one point in the song, the artist begs his listeners to rule out any extraneous noise created by his character and to believe in the music.
5. Another try:It can be considered one of Michael’s breakup songs.
The song, however, is not as well known as it could be, and many consider it a lost masterpiece.
Read all the latest news, breaking news and coronavirus news here